The ability to improve your health and fitness lies in your hands. Whether you’re a couch potato or a seasonal athlete, everyone can benefit from Nordic Walking.
Not to be confused with trekking, which is using poles for support, Nordic walking is an exercise. It is like cross country skiing on dry land. You will be using over 90 percent of your muscles compared to 60 percent during normal walking.
- Great for weight loss
- Tones up the whole body
- Strengthen back and shoulders
- Creates good posture
- Reduces pressure on hips and knees
- Good for stamina and flexibility
- Because it's a cardio workout, it can lower risks of chronic diseases
- It’s a good way to keep fit for a couch potato or the seasonal athlete alike
We meet on a Sunday afternoon at the Good Health Centre for refreshments and a chat about the history and benefits of Nordic walking. We then drive up to the car park on Scout Road where we teach the skills of Nordic Walking. We then go off for our trail walk through some beautiful country side. The course includes free use of poles.
For more information on the next course phone 01204 308506